Friday, July 27, 2018

27 A


For the third and final reading assignment I chose to read and reflect upon "How to Fail at Everything and Still Win Big" by Scott Adams.

The major theme of this book is akin to that of a self-help novel. This book lists ways that one can better themselves by using what Adams calls a “selfish approach." This boils down to a list of ideas what types of and what projects you should prioritize and what ones you should just ignore. This is done so that one may maximize their personal energy.  

I believe one of the main points and themes were that in order to be successful you must have the drive to do so, no matter what stands in your way. This means that no matter what you are willing to get back up and keep moving. Just like when faced with failure this can also teach us to improve adapt and overcome obstacles in our path.  

After reading this book and relating to the theme of not giving up the exercise I would recommend would be what we did in 26A. List a major failure, how you overcame it, and what you plan to do with the growth.  

One point of the book that jumped out me was a quote, this quote relates to one that I use, that being that lucky people make their own luck. This parallels the part where Adams mentions successful people are successful because they work at it and don’t wish to be so. This made me think and reflect on my drive to complete tasks and follow that plan of life.

1 comment:

  1. Connor,

    I chose this book for one of the past reading assignments. I feel like I learned a lot from it and saw how important it is to focus on yourself in order to be successful. I think there is a balance between this and helping others, but this book definitely pushes the selfish-approach more than anything. Overall, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete