Friday, June 15, 2018

Idea Napkin 11A

You: I am Connor Colson I am a student at the University of Florida. The skills and experiences that I posses allow me to see things from varying points of views, due to my understanding of late night early morning or graveyard shift jobs. I hope to bring a new market the option to enjoy drinks that are usually not available to them. By bringing this to them I  hope to exploit their desires such as the morning coffee drinkers and make a profit with my concept. Should I start this business I hope to bring joy to others and well profit to myself.

WHAT: I am offering caffeinated drinks (coffee and tea) made fresh that taste good to those who don't have the normal time or means to enjoy them regularly.

WHO: I am offering my service to those who cannot make it to a normal coffee shop due to time or convince constants. This means college students who are late to class, those who are up super early or late who need caffeine, or just anyone who wants a good cheap cup of coffee fast.

WHY: It allows the users to have access to coffee and other drinks that they may not have access to normally, I am selling convince and caffeine to those who need it.

WHAT: Vending machines, this allows me to have 24/7 service while keeping costs low, this allows me to have on average 12 or so more hours of potential sales over my opponents.

I believe that these elements go together on paper in practice however more testing is required. On paper I have a captive target audience, a means, a gimmick, and a competitive advantage to serve them, however I do not know what the average understanding and desire for coffee machines is. This is why if  I had to pick a single one of the aforementioned reasons to be the weakest I would have to say the first WHAT is where I have to draw the line due to not having enough data to confidently step forward with my idea.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Connor,
    I think your idea napkin represented your vision for your business opportunity quite nicely. I know that companies such as Starbucks can get quite expensive, especially when one drink can cost up to five dollars. Something cheap is what college students need, and with everyone having different schedules, having something that accessible 24/7 is a great idea too. Your idea napkin answered the who, what, and why about your company and overall you did a great job! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connor,

    I think that your idea napkin made your ideas quite clear. You made it easy to understand who you are, what you're providing, and why it’s good. I think that you have a clear picture of what you're trying to achieve and seeing it presented in this form really supports that. I agree that the elements that you covered go together well on paper and that they need more testing. That is a wise statement and I think that you have the right idea about how to take this idea forward.

    ReplyDelete