Friday, June 22, 2018

Halfway Reflection 14A

Image result for halfway point

1) Over the course of this class so far I have learned how to overcome my procrastination (mostly) and it has been replaced with many drafts. I learned through the first interview assignment that you should never put off at least looking at the assignments and that you should never assume that they will be quick or easy.

2) I once wanted to give up when I was planting my first garden, I was tired, it was hot and muggy, and overall I was just frustrated. But I never did because I saw this as an opportunity to grow (literally) and the work I'd put in then would pay off in the future. It did and now every year I have plenty of lemons, blueberries, squash, tomatoes, and corn. All of which I enjoy and are delicious.

3) The three tips I would give to a new student would be,

1. Look ahead in the assignments they aren't as daunting as they may seem. They are (at times) time consuming but all of them are doable.
2. Watch the lectures, and if you can go to the recordings.
3. If you are having trouble ask or email the instructors now rather than later so that they actually have time to respond.

1 comment:

  1. Connor,

    I'm glad that you figured out your procrastination habits through this course. I too struggle with procrastination and had a rude awakening when I put some of these assignments off until the last minute. I liked how you persevered when planting your first garden because that truly showed you the value of sticking with something that's difficult. Also I think that your three tips are really great!

    ReplyDelete