Friday, May 25, 2018

Entrepreneurship Story



What is entrepreneurship and what is my experience with it? Websters dictionary defines entrepreneurship as the following "the activity of setting up a business and taking on financial risks in the hope of profit". My personal experience with this comes from my own family, where my aunt and uncle once tried to open their own ice cream shop at the beach. The shop opened with a fair amount of customers and one heck of an employee (Me)  and a large selection of ice cream which was popular among locals and tourists alike. However this wave of success was not built to last, as the lack of sufficient advertising took hold. The store and its customers dwindled as the more popular and well known places continued to attract the largest share of the market that being the tourists. The tourists without the knowledge of the shop and its location went to the places that had big flashy signs and radio advertisements. This brush with entrepreneurship has left me optimistic about being able to purse ones dreams and the fact that new places will always exist, but also aware of just how hard it is to be a successful entrepreneur.  




My story and reasoning for joining this class ENT3003 is that I am required if I wish to graduate, however that is not why I find it fascinating and one of my favorite classes. I find this class as a vehicle to learn more about my entrepreneurship dreams and what it takes to accomplish them. What I am hoping to get out of this course is a better understanding of the steps required not only to be an entrepreneur but how to be a successful one.



Refrence

Image found at http://www.assignmentpoint.com/business/entrepreneurship-development-business/social-entrepreneurship-2.html

2 comments:

  1. Hi Connor,
    I really enjoyed your story about your family's ice cream business! It probably taught you an important lesson about the need for effective marketing and advertising when it comes to running your won business. I think you also joined this class for the right reasons, as it will probably help you give you some tips for how to run your own business successfully. I wish the best of luck to you and your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connor,
    I really appreciate the definition of what the exact definition of entrepreneur is. Your experience is very cool. I am a very big foodie and love stories about family restaurants. There could be some concerns though. I agree with you on the fact that ma and pa places like that need good advertising to stay a live and thats hard. Also I have some questions. What type of ice cream did you have? Was it home made or did you guys buy it? Your story was really good and I can't wait to hear more of your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete