Friday, May 25, 2018

Bug List

This is a list of 20 things that bug me or rather are my own personal "Bugs" with the answer to why it exists underneath it.

1. People on the bus that I take to campus who purposefully take up 2 seats, with their bags or legs.
People are inconsiderate of others and or ignorant to the need for said space.

2. The bus stop I'm forced to wait at is extremely hot.
It has no over hang and thus no shade.

3. The bus stop I wait it gets me all wet when it rains. 
It has no overhang and thus no coverage from weather.

4. Parking around or on campus is extremely hard to find.
Parking was ineffectively planned for the number of students my school has.

5. The bus schedule runs in perfect time that if I walk from class right to the nearest bus stop I can watch as the bus pulls away.
The distance and my walking speed correlate to the time at which the bus leaves.

6. Traffic on archer when I'm trying to get to work is awful and aggravating due to all the people.
My work starts at 6 so I am on the road at peak rush hour which is when most people are on the road.

7.When ever I'm heading towards and intersection where I have a green light and right of way and some one uses a blinking yellow turn signal to cut across the intersection nearly killing us both.
People have no idea how to drive.

8. Windows updates when they try force skype onto me.
Windows is hungry for more business an money so they are trying to grow their base.

9. When apps send me push notifications.
They want me to open the app and generate revenue for them.

10. When I lose my train of thought after I walk into a room.
I am being scatter brained and my multitasking is destroying my ability to concentrate.

11. When my coffee maker randomly turns off.
It has a short in the wire.

12. When my wifi in my apartment dies.
My complex enjoys updating the wifi once a week without telling anyone.

13. When wifi at school goes down
This I do not know why this happens, but perhaps it has to due with school updates.

14. When my phone has lousy connection when I try to make a call.
I have a phone provider who has less than stellar coverage.

15. When I am trying to cook but my stove takes an eternity and a half to heat up.
My complex has low quality cookware and appliances.

16. When ever I go to the grocery store only 2 checkout lanes are open and the line is 20 people deep.
They are trying to save money by using less employees.

17. When I try and fail to open a water bottle.
The seal was made by the old gods and its magics are too strong for me to break (I'm weak).

18. When all the tables at the Union are full and I want to eat lunch.
The rush of students around lunch time takes up all the available seats especially when its raining.

19. When my favorite show ends on a cliff hanger and I am forced to wait a week for the next one.
Stations want continued viewership for ads (unlike Netflix).

20. When I am in an elevator with a bunch of people and then when it stops and we try to leave people are forcing their way on resulting in a tango I didn't want as I shuffle my way out.
People don't understand proper etiquette where the ones on should step off first with right of way.

Reflections
This list started out difficult for me as I planned on doing it in a single sitting, however after the video I simply spread it out and kept track of moments where I was "bugged". This made it so much simpler and my fears and trepidation went away almost instantly.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Connor,
    A lot of your bugs are very relatable and I feel like a lot of college students also struggle with them. Some of the ones that really stood out to me were the traffic on archer, not being able to find parking spots on campus, and having the wifi at school or your apartment complex shut off. All of these "bugs" are very irritating and I wish there was a simple fix to them. Overall, great post! I liked how specific you got with some of them, made your post interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connor,

    I really enjoyed reading your bug list. Although we didn't have the same bugs on our lists I found your list to contain many things that actually bother me too. For example I hate when I walk into a room and lose my train of thought. Regarding your conclusion, I too thought I could knock out this assignment in one sitting, but I actually ended up spreading it out over a few days and was able to complete it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connor,
    The bugs you gave are very relatable to college students nationwide. Some of your bugs were very similar to mine so it shows that we have a lot of things in common. The bug that aggravates me the most that is on your list is when my wifi goes down in my apartment. When I am trying to watch Netflix or even do homework and the wifi goes down it burdens me not only in an entertainment aspect but also school. Overall, Great post! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete